ACI’s 10th Arctic Shipping Summit will take place 8-9th March, 2017 in Montréal, Canada.
The two-day conference will consist of a number of informative presentations followed by interactive Q&A sessions, panel discussions and an open discussion to further involve the delegates in order to get comprehensive insight from a wide variety of stakeholders in Arctic Shipping.
Speakers will discuss current regulations and requirements stipulated by the IMO and national coast guards, commercial potential in the region, challenges facing the insurance industry, crew training requirements and ship design options to aid future Arctic operations.
The conference will bring together various key industry stakeholders including ship owners, ship mangers, fuel solutions, IT and data specialists, consultants and technology providers.
The following key topics will be addressed:
• Advancements on Coastal State Regulations
• Adaption and requirements connected to the Polar Code
• Developments of operational matters within the Arctic
• Commercial shipping activity in Arctic regions
• Insurance challenges, risk management procedures and increasing profitability
• Staff training and following Polar Code requirements
• Enhancing communicational options within the Arctic
• Ship design options and solutions to aid in Arctic operations
• Using alternative fuels and benefits for the environment