The Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S. (ARCUS) announces a call for nominations for our Board of Directors election. There are four seats up for election in a vote of the ARCUS Membership Council that will take place in December. Terms will be three years and begin in January 2022.
ARCUS seek nominations of candidates with enthusiasm and time (approximately 40 hours/year) to dedicate to ARCUS, who are willing and able to help ARCUS fulfill its vision and mission and achieve its strategic goals. ARCUS particularly invites nominations of individuals with experience in and connections to: Arctic system science, Alaska Native organizations, Arctic infrastructure issues, or U.S. federal research and education initiatives.
Nominees are welcome from any career level and type of organization. ARCUS strives to embody its value of “Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging” in their Board.
The essential responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Develop, and advocate for, ARCUS’ values, mission, goals, and activities
- Hold fiduciary and legal responsibility for the corporation
- Promote the interests of its member institutions and the larger Arctic research community
For a full job description for the ARCUS Board, please visit: Board Member Job Description
The ARCUS bylaws are available at:
Expectations and commitment:
- Participate in virtual Board meetings (approximately six times/year)
- Stay informed about the organization’s mission, policies, and programs
- Attend one in-person meeting per year (once COVID travel restrictions are lifted; travel expenses will be paid by ARCUS)
- Serve on committees or volunteer for Board tasks
- Make an annual donation at a personally-meaningful level
How to submit a nomination:
Nominations should include the person's name, affiliation, contact information, a short (two-page) curriculum vitae or resume, and a brief statement on why the person would be an asset to the ARCUS Board of Directors. We request that prior to submitting a nomination, you first obtain the consent of the nominee. Self-nominations are welcome. A slate of nominees, drawn from the nominations received from this process, will be selected by the ARCUS Board for voting by the ARCUS Membership Council in December.
Nomination submission deadline: Monday, 29 November 2021, 12:00 p.m. AKT
For further information about ARCUS, please visit: ARCUS homepage