We are partnering with the Earth Day Network and the U.S. Department of State to launch an app to help people all over the world contribute to scientific research.
It takes less than 5 minutes and can be done from your window or own front porch.
- Go to https://earthchallenge2020.earthday.org/
- Download the app to your phone.
- Click on each of the two widgets: Plastics Pollution and Air Quality
- Follow the prompts to take a picture and record actual data you can see from your porch or window. Your data will be used for testing, training machine learning, and as model data for new citizen scientists.
Have a friend or family member take a photo or short video of you (or take a selfie!) and post it on all your social media platforms with the hashtag #WilsonCitSci
I’m a #WilsonCitSci. Join me in collecting data for @Earth_Challenge 2020 that will be used to drive meaningful change in our communities: earthchallenge2020.earthday.org
I am a #WilsonCitSci contributing to #EarthChallenge2020 research. With every data point I collect, I am adding to the largest ever coordinated #citizenscience campaign. Join us now: Download the Earth Challenge 2020 app to your phone, and start collecting data. Visit earthchallenge2020.earthday.org to start.
Did you know I’m a citizen scientist? I’m helping to contribute to make my community safer and healthier by collecting data, without leaving my house. You can, too. Join here: earthchallenge2020.earthday.org.
5. Help us track participation by going into a widget, then your user preferences, to add the organizational code "WilsonCitSci"
We hope you will join us in celebrating Earth Day this year by being sure your small corner of Earth is heard from!