As our users may have already experienced the Arctic Portal highly comprehensive and popular Inter-Map Interactive mapping system is blocked from user access since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (Adobe Flash Player reached the end of life ) and then blocked Flash content completely from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021.
Though we knew Adobe would stop supporting Flash player we, as apparently many others around the Globe, did not anticipate them completely blocking the usage of existing FLASH systems.
We are moving all the valuable content and functionality of the Inter-map system to our new ADMS Mapping and Information system a task we hope to fully accomplish very soon. The new system is already available and free to use. Please visit at your convenience. You will see regular data and informational content in the days, weeks, and months to come!.
For those who still want to access and use the Inter-Map system, it is up and running, but you will have to restore FLASH on your computer. Therefore we decided to create a step by step tutorial on a work around to get it working again.
Here is a way to make Flash work on Firefox on Windows 10:
- Open a web browser.
- Go to https://web.archive.org/web/20200523210841/http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/18.104.22.1681/install_flash_player.exe
Download (instead of execute). This is the last version of Flash Player without the kill switch.
- Close the web browser.
- Go to Start Menu -> Settings -> Apps .
- Uninstall everything that starts with "Adobe Flash Player..."
- Go to Downloads folder, right click "install_flash_player", and "Run as administrator".
- During the installation, when asked to choose update settings, select "Never check for updates".
- After installation, run Firefox and go to portal.inter-map.com .
- A message appears, saying "This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated." Click "Run Adobe flash" below. DO NOT click "Check for updates..."
This should work for the time being, but we suspect that soon, Firefox will disable plugins such as Flash Player. You can then use one of the browsers listed at the bottom of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPAPI#Support.2Fdeprecation