The conference Earth's Cryosphere: Past, Present and Future will be held from the 4th to the 8th of June 2017 at the Institute of Physico-Chemical and Biological Problems of Soil Science in Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, Russia.
Different sessions over the course of the several days of the conference will cover topics in the field of permafrost research, including:
- Regional aspects in polar and mountain areas
- Carbon in permafrost
- Cryosphere as ecosystem: microbiological, biotechnological and astrobiological aspects
- Permafrost soils
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Physico-chemical peculiarities of frozen ground
- Geophysical investigations in permafrost areas
- Antarctic permafrost and soils
- Philosophical ideas about the past, present and future of the cryosphere
The organisers note that it is still not too late to suggest new session topics, round tables or to became an official partner of the conference.
The conference will be in Russian and English. Simultaneous translation will be provided.
Registration for the conference is open until the 15th of April.