The first ever UArctic Congress will be held from Monday, September 12th through to Friday, September 16th in St. Petersburg, Russia, hosted by Saint Petersburg State University. Registration for the inaugural UArctic Congress 2016 is now open (early bird registration ends May 31, 2016, and late registration ends August 21, 2016).
The UArctic Congress 2016 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- · Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their latest research.
- Parallel sessions on an array of Arctic science, policy, and education topics.
- Formal meetings for representatives of the Board and Council of UArctic and UArctic Rectors’ Forum.
- Pre-Meetings to foster contacts and enhance networking. Opportunities for promoting and marketing your organization and activities.
- A UArctic Student Forum with workshops.
- A Cultural and Social program like no other
The 19th Meeting of the Council of UArctic and the 10th UArctic Rectors’ Forum, as well as a meeting of the Board of Governors of UArctic form an integral part of the Congress.
Call for Scientific Abstracts: We also invite you and your colleagues to submit abstracts for scientific sessions under the following themes. The deadline for abstracts is March 31st, 2016.
· Vulnerability of Arctic Environments
· Vulnerability of Arctic Societies
· Local and Traditional Knowledge
· Building Long-Term Human Capacity
· New Markets for the Arctic, Including Trade, Tourism and Transportation
Visa to Russia and Invitation Letters: When registering please indicate if you require a visa invitation letter or not. Visit the Visa Invitation page for full details on requirements and processing deadlines.
If the information you are seeking cannot be found on the www.uarctic-org/congress2016 webpages, please send an e-mail to the person/address below.
· For questions about the Meeting Section, contact: Pierre-André Forest, UArctic Director of Governance Support
· For questions on Visa support issues, contact: Alexandra Khruskina, SPbU Advisor on International Relations
We look forward to seeing you in St. Petersburg in September!
For more information, click here.