Dear representatives of the members of UArctic,
UArctic’s Nominations Committee kindly requests UArctic higher education institution members to come forward with preliminary nominations for a student who could serve on the Board of UArctic. The Board of UArctic is the highest governing body of UArctic and has general responsibility for UArctic’s development and for its main priorities.
In nominating and selecting members of the Board, efforts are made to ensure broad geographic, cultural and indigenous representation, as well as gender balance. In 2022, the Committee is looking preferably for a female representative with indigenous background.
Appointed for a three-year term a student representative on UArctic’s Board should be:
- A registered student from a UArctic member institution (at the time of appointment);
- In good academic standing, and preferably having participated in a UArctic activity (i.e. Circumpolar Studies; north2north mobility; student seminar, etc.);
- Able to represent a variety of student interests connected to the North;
- Able to make the time commitment necessary (approx. 5hrs/month); and be
- Willing to maintain close communications with relevant student organizations.
Members of UArctic are invited to submit preliminary nominations to the Secretary of the Nominations Committee, by March 31, 2022. Please see the full call text in the attached file.
Thank you for your engagement,
UArctic Vice-President Organization
Secretariat Nominations Committee