Year of Polar Prediction (YOPP) just released their September 2020 news highlights.
Amongst their highlights are:
- For the sixth episode, The IcePod went overseas where we connected with Taneil Uttal in Boulder, Colorado.
- Registration for the November 2020 Around-the-Clock International Verification, Methods Workshop Online (2020-IVMW-O) is still open until 30 September 2020.
- After a full year in the Arctic, the German research icebreaker RV Polarstern is now on her way back home to Bremerhaven.
- On September 15, the Arctic sea ice shrank down to its annual minimum extent of 3.74 million square kilometers (1.44 million square miles)
- the Northern Climate Observer (NCO) e-journal regularly issues climate-related news
All of YOPPs latest news highligths can be viewed on their website.