The 3rd Arctic Science Ministerial have planned a couple of webinars.
This webinar series is designed to increase transparency of the Arctic Science Ministerial science process and to provide additional opportunities for scientists, Indigenous Peoples and Arctic research stakeholders to further engage with the science and proposed actions leading up to the Third Arctic Science Ministerial in Tokyo, Japan in May 2021. The webinar series is a joint cooperation between the ASM3 Organizers in Iceland and Japan and the European Polar Board.
ASM3 Webinar Series Dates
- 21 October 2020, 13:00 - 14:00 UTC - ASM3 webinar series: Introduction webinar
- 11 November 2020, 13:00 - 15:00 UTC - Addressing Gaps and Barriers in International Arctic Science Research
- 02 December 2020, 17:00 - 19:00 UTC - Indigenous Peoples' Interests in ASM3
- 20 January 2021, 13:00 - 15:00 UTC - ASM3 Theme 1, Observe: Observing networks; Data sharing - towards implementation
- 17 February 2021, 13:00 - 15:00 UTC - ASM3 Theme 2, Understand: Enhance understanding and prediction capability on Arctic environmental and social systems and its global impact
- 17 March 2021, 13:00 - 15:00 UTC - ASM3 Theme 3, Respond: Sustainable development; Evaluation of vulnerability and resilience; Application of knowledge
- 07 April 2021, 13:00 - 15:00 UTC - ASM3 Theme 4, Strengths: Capacity building; Education; Networking; Resilience - prepare the next generation
- 09 June 2021, 13:00 - 15:00 UTC - ASM3 Closing webinar - Post-Ministerial Review: Joint Statement and Actions