The Call for Abstracts for the UArctic Congress is now open until March 16, 2018 (16.00 CET). The abstracts have to be submitted online here. Please note we do not accept any late submissions or submissions sent by email.
We welcome abstracts for the sessions under the themes: 1. environmental protection; 2. connectivity, 3. meteorological cooperation, 4. education, and 5. other. The format of the presentations (oral or poster) can be proposed by the authors, but will be decided by the Session convener(s), based on the scientific merit and the number of the accepted abstracts. In general, the sessions run for 90 minutes.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English via the Oxford Abstract online submission system.
- In the need of assistance with the Russian to English translation, please contact the UArctic Research office at NArFU in Arkhangelsk ().
- The Oxford Abstract system will send an automatic confirmation message once the abstract has been successfully submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted the latest by the announced deadline (March 16, 2018, 16:00 CET). Please note that we will not accept late submissions. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be given in late April 2018.
- An abstract can be presented as an oral or poster presentation. Authors can indicate the preferred presentation type in the abstract submission. The Scientific Committee will do its best to accommodate wishes, but reserves the right to decide upon presentation form. The scientific value of posters is equal to that of oral presentations.
- Abstracts of presenting authors who have not registered and paid the registration fee by June 27 (early bird registration deadline is May 31) will not be included in the final programme.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and all agree to submit prior to the actual submission.
Please prepare the following information before you start your submission:
- Review the list of sessions and select one that best fits your abstract topic. There is also an option to indicate an alternate session preference.
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words. Title must appear in upper and lower case (e.g., The Arctic migration of people).
- Affiliation and author information. You must enter the names of all authors here - including yourself if you are an author - in the order in which you wish them to appear in the printed text. Names omitted will not be printed in the author index or in the final programme. Author(s) names must appear in upper and lower case (e.g. John C. Smith).
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words. Abstract text should ideally include introduction, methods, results and conclusions. Tables, diagrams and references are not allowed.
- Presentation Type– here you will choose your preferred means of presentation – oral or poster.
- Interpretation from Russian to English – in case you are not able to present in English, please tick the box. Please note that there will be limited availability of the interpretation services. The service will be decided on the case-by-case basis.
- Permission to publish – ticking this box will give us permission to publish your abstract in electronic media and in hardcopy if it is accepted for presentation.
- Author will attend – at least one author should register in full to attend and present the paper at the Conference. By ticking the box you acknowledge and confirm this.
- Author Approval – finally, confirm that your submission has been approved by all authors.