The Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Program (AMAP) announces the release of new scientific assessments for climate change in the Arctic, adaptation to Arctic change, and chemicals of emerging Arctic concern.
The release of the scientific assessments took place at the AMAP-organized science conference in Reston, Virginia on 24-27 April 2017.
Available assessments include:
- Snow, Water, Ice, and Permafrost in the Arctic (SWIPA);
- Chemicals of Emerging Arctic Concern;
- Adaptation Actions for a Changing Arctic (AACA) - Barents Area;
- Adaptation Actions for a Changing Arctic (AACA) -
Bering/Chukchi/Beaufort Region; and
- Adaptation Actions for a Changing Arctic (AACA) - Baffin Bay/Davis
The assessments are also available in the Arctic portal library.
Additional documents are available for each assessment and may include a press release, a fact sheet, a summary for policy-makers, and scientific background documentation. The SWIPA assessment also includes informational videos.
The conclusions and recommendations of these assessments will be presented to the Arctic Council Ministerial meeting in Fairbanks, Alaska on 11 May 2017.