UArctic member bulletin for the month of march 2022 has just been released.
Highlights of Thematic Networks' News
- A new "Arctic Academy for Sustainability" has been launched
- Arctic Geology: 9th International Conference on Arctic Margins (ICAM) organised in Ottawa, June 2022
- Learning satellite on Indigenous and tribal peoples’ studies comparing the Arctic and India held on January 31 – February 3, 2022
Latest funding calls
- Call for Applications: 2022 UArctic Project Call for Networking Activities on Arctic Research and Education
- UiT Call for Applications: 2022 UArctic Project Call for Networking Activities on UArctic Research and Education
Study Catalogue Highlight
Ocean Leadership is a part-time experience-based master’s program for professionals in marine or maritime sectors wanting to advance the blue/green shift towards a sustainable future. The transdisciplinary program provides an understanding of the complex landscape of ocean challenges and builds the knowledge, skills, and capacity necessary to lead sustainable integrative solutions.
Reasearch Infrastructure Catalogue Highlight
The institute is open all year and conducts research into Arctic ecosystems, monitors the living resources and the environment in Greenland and advises the Government and other authorities on sustainable exploitation of living resources and safeguarding the environment and biodiversity. Research primarily focuses on living marine resources – fish, shellfish, marine mammals, birds, as well as land-based resources – land mammals and vegetation. It is one out of 5 infrastructures and facilities operated by the Danish/Greenlandic UArctic member institutions.
Daria Guskova and her husband from Ural Federal University spent a semester on exchange at the University of Turku through UArctic's north2north program.
"This semester has made me realize what my true academic and professional interests are. I have expanded my network with wonderful professors and new friends."