Join EU40, the European Parliament’s RUMRA & Smart Villages Intergroup, and REInA (Rural European Innovation Area) on 13 October 2021 at 11:30 CEST for the online discussion “Building the Future for Remote Areas: Connectivity to Spark Rural Innovation”, an official side event of the 2021 #EURegionsWeek.
As a follow-up to our first event on July 6 with European Commission Vice-President Dubravka Šuica which discussed the results of the EC’s Long Term Vision for Rural Areas, this second discussion aims at giving a closer look at the connectivity of remote areas as a crucial tool for the development and well-being of European citizens.
Innovative ecosystems can provide highly skilled jobs in technology areas and a new future for rural communities. Strong connectivity can bring new life to these areas, improving quality of life through access to services such as e-health, digital learning and a broad range of e-government. It provides opportunities to rural communities to fully participate in economic, social and cultural life.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Maria da Graça Carvalho, Member of the European Parliament
- Isidro Laso Ballesteros, Senior Member of Commissioner Mariya Gabriel’s Cabinet
- Sandra Isabel Novo, Founder & CEO Market Sostenibles Startup
- Reinald Krüger, Group Public Policy Development Director, Vodafone Group
- Cllr. Enda Stenson, Rapporteur for the Revitalisation of Rural Areas through Smart Villages, European Committee of the Regions
- Moderator: Méabh Mc Mahon, Journalist at Euronews