Within the framework of the XVIII International Ecological Campaign "To Save and Preserve" the International Video Competition of UNESCO Associated Schools "Youth Studies and Preserves the Natural and Cultural Heritage in the Great Rivers of the World" will be held from April 20 to June 19, 2021 in an online format.
Established in 1953, the UNESCO Associated Schools Network brings together some 11,500 educational institutions from 182 countries around the world. The Associated Schools set themselves the task to teach young people the traditions of tolerance and intercultural dialogue. To this end, they use educational techniques focused on active participation of the students themselves.
Russia, which joined the UNESCO Associated Schools movement in 1966, is one of the most active participants of the worldwide network. Today there are 368 UNESCO Associated Schools certified in our country.
There are 4 schools in the regions that are members of the Associated Schools Network.
Since 2020, in view of the pandemic, the annual conference of UNESCO Associated Schools is held as an online video contest within the "To Save and Preserve" campaign.
The aim of the competition is to involve school students in solving problems of preservation of natural and cultural heritage in the regions within the framework of interregional and international cooperation.
The main tasks of the competition are:
- Creation of conditions for new creative forms in the disclosure of the theme of ecology, environmental protection;
- study of the experience of interregional and international youth associations in environmental protection activities.
- Participants of the Contest submit video clips in the following categories:
- Let's save the rivers (volunteering in the sphere of environmental protection);
- Living Planet (projects in the field of environmental protection, sustainable development);
- We are together (international cooperation in the implementation of environmental projects);
- Culture of the Great Rivers Regions (cultural heritage preservation projects);
- For the first time in 2021 the competition includes a special nomination "River of Life" for students from all educational institutions.
- The competition jury consists of representatives of the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO, executive authorities of the Autonomous Okrug, representatives of the mass media of the Autonomous Okrug, countries participating in the UNESCO Associated Schools Programme.
- Acceptance of applications from students of UNESCO Associated Schools of Russia will begin on April 20, 2021.
- Acceptance of applications from UNESCO Associated Schools of the CIS, Europe and China will start on May 1, 2021.