01-04 June 2021, Virtual Meeting
The 16th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography, sponsored by the American Meteorological Society and organized by the AMS Polar Meteorology and Oceanography Committee, will be held 1-4 June, 2021. Due to continued uncertainty and restrictions on travel associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, this conference will take place entirely virtually.
Papers are solicited on all aspects of polar meteorology and oceanography, including but not limited to:
- Climate variability and change in the polar regions;
- Rapid environmental change in the polar regions;
- Interactions among polar atmosphere-ocean-land-ice components;
- Atmospheric, ocean, land ice, or sea ice physical processes;
- High latitude atmospheric and oceanic dynamics;
- Weather and climate modelling in the polar regions;
- Connections of the polar regions with the tropics and midlatitudes
Please submit your abstract electronically via the AMS conference website by 5 March 2021 (see the website for instructions). The abstract submission fee of $95 USD is charged at the time of submission and refundable only if the abstract is not accepted. Authors of accepted presentations will be notified via email by mid April 2021.
The conference program will be optimized for a virtual platform. Sessions will take place during the same set of standard work hours for the contiguous United States (e.g., 12pm-5pm Eastern time / 11am-4pm Central time / 10am-3pm Mountain time / 9am-2pm Pacific time). Live oral and poster sessions will not overlap.
Submissions by students, early-career scientists, and underrepresented groups will be prioritized, and limited funds in the form of registration fee waivers are available to support participation. Application instructions will be provided when abstract acceptance notifications are sent.