UArctic member bulletin for the month of May 2023 has just been released.
Meet UArctic session: Assembly Meeting 2023
In advance of the UArctic Assembly 2023 meeting in Quebec City, we will host a Meet UArctic session with the Assembly officers to review the agenda and address any questions. The session will take place via Zoom on May 9 at 15:00 UTC. You must register in advance.
- UArctic's Vice-President Academic Diane Hirshberg recognized as High North Hero 2023
- Call for Session Proposals - Arctic Congress 2024 Bodø
- UArctic Board meets in Oslo and Bergen
- Circumpolar Studies Summer and Fall Course Offerings
Highlights from Thematic Networks and Chairs:
- UArctic Thematic Networks and Institutes Leadership Team Meeting held in Rovaniemi, Finland
- Publication: Scientific paper based on UArctic Summer school 2022 on Arctic plastic pollution
- Publication: Berlin statement on legacy and emerging contaminants in polar regions
- Call for participation: Circumpolar Studies Curriculum Development faculty workshop
- Discussion on Paul Gaimard and his expeditions at the Annual Humanities Conference
Study Catalogue Highlight
Arctic Climate Environment and Geographies of a Changing North
University of Colorado Boulder offers this Coursera Specialization Sharpen Your Knowledge of the Changing Arctic. Master your knowledge of the Arctic, the rapid changes taking place, and their connections with Northern peoples, economies and geopolitics. Yukon University's Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Governance offers students the skills, experience and knowledge to affect real change in self-determination and governance in the North and beyond. The program aims to build northern leadership capacity by providing students with the values, knowledge and skills to work collaboratively within the unique governance landscape of the North.
Research Infrastructure Catalogue Highlight
Submit your infrastructures for inclusion in the UArctic Research Infrastructure Catalogue
We encourage members of UArctic community to submit new infrastructures, update existing ones if needed, and in general to explore the UArctic Research Infrastructure Catalogue. The Catalogue is an online database for searching and identifying research infrastructures and facilities located at and operated by the UArctic member institutions.
USask graduate student passionate about community engagement
Michayla Quinn, a graduate student at the University of Saskatchewan's College of Medicine has been recognized for community engagement at the Indigenous Student Achievement Awards Ceremony.