Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
When: 22-23 November 2023
Deadline for abstracts is 1. May
The Government of Iceland, with financial support from the Nordic Council of Ministers, will host the Second International Symposium on Plastics in the Arctic and Sub-Arctic Region at Harpa, Reykjavík Concert Hall and Conference Center, 22-23 November 2023. The conference will build on the first symposium held in March 2021 and invites contributions on new scientific and local knowledge as well as policy-related initiatives in the field of plastic pollution to discuss ways and means to reduce the impact of plastics on Arctic ecosystems.
The symposium will include platform presentations, posters, and panel discussions. Conference themes are the following:
- Monitoring and assessment of plastic pollution in the Arctic.
- Methodological developments to determine macro, micro and nano plastics.
- Sources and transport of plastic in the Arctic and sub-Arctic.
- Impacts of marine litter in the Arctic.
- Arctic challenges and solutions for improved waste management.