UArctic member bulletin for the month of February 2023 has just been released.
UArctic Rectors Meeting concluded in Monaco
Leadership from UArctic higher education members gathered in Monaco on January 12-13, 2023 to develop and deepen academic cooperation as a solution for achieving sustainable goals in the rapidly changing Arctic. Over 100 participants joined the UArctic Rectors Meeting at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco.
- Call for Nominations: Arctic Academic Action Award
- Open Call: Student Nominations for UArctic Board
- Open position: UArctic Executive Director of Development
- north2north application round for 2023/24 is open
Highlights from Thematic Networks and Chairs:
- Proposals for New UArctic Thematic Networks welcomed by February 28th, 2023
- Looking for partners: COIL@UArctic Thematic Network proposal
- Call for Abstracts: Arctic Yearbook 2023
- UArctic International Secretariat visits Thematic Networks and Research Liaison Office
- New open access publication: Education, Equity and Inclusion – Teaching and Learning for a Sustainable North
Research Infrastructure Catalogue Highlight
Yukon University operates Yukon Research Centre. The Centre is solving northern problems with northern expertise. Its thematic areas include, but are not limited to: climate change, cold climate innovation, natural science, social science, and technology innovation. Yukon Research Centre works in partnership with government, industry, entrepreneurs, First Nations, and communities to improve the lives of Northerners.
Annika Pankko from Tampere University (Tampere, Finland) studied at the University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) (Svalbard, Norway) for four months through UArctic's north2north program.
"The studies included a lot of visitor lecturers from different companies in the town, visits in a different locations like Red Cross, satellite station, mine, recycling centre and rescue helicopter station"