When: Aug. 22 & 23, 2022 , 12:30pm to 9:30pm ET
Where: University of Alaska
Alaska’s mineral resources are key to both national security and the nation’s economy and clean energy goals. With this in mind, the University of Alaska is hosting a two-day summit for policy makers, agency representatives and industry leadership to discuss Alaska’s potential and the steps needed to fulfill that potential.
Monday’s sessions will focus on national needs for critical minerals, Alaska’s investment climate and an overview of Alaska’s critical minerals resources. Tuesday’s sessions will take a closer look at current research in Alaska related to critical minerals and industry needs for development, including workforce and infrastructure.
The Wilson Center is pleased to partner with the University of Alaska to provide a free livestream of the sessions.
Click here to register for the virtual livestream, and click here to register for the in-person event. For more information about the conference, including the agenda and list of speakers, please visit www.akminerals.org.
- Mike Sfraga, Chair, U.S. Arctic Commission
- DNR Acting Commissioner Akis Gialopsos, Acting Commissioner
- Lisa Murkowski, U.S. Senator
- Dan Sullivan, U.S. Senator
- Mike Dunleavy, Governor of Alaska
- David Applegate, US Geological Survey
- Steve Douglas, Alliance for Automotive Innovation
- Halimah Najeb-Locke, Department of Defense