The Arctic Mayors' Forum (AMF) is in the process of establishing a Secretariat in Tromsø, Norway, and is seeking to employ the organization’s first Secretary-General. It is a full-time position with office premises in the city center of Tromsø.
The main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the AMF day-to-day work.
- Prepare strategy processes and implement work plans.
- Initiate and manage the AMF PR and communication tasks.
- Recruit new AMF members and manage membership relations.
- AMF financial and administrative responsibilities.
- Organizational development
- An advanced university degree in a relevant field or a combination of proven qualifications and experience.
- Substantial knowledge of the Arctic as well as a contact network in the region.
- Professional management experience.
- Experience in PR and communication activities.
- Good knowledge of digital working tools and programs.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience in administration and financial management.
- Experience in project applications, management and reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A personal interest and drive to promote the objectives of the AMF.
- Good interpersonal communication and cooperation skills.
- High working capacity and efficiency despite limited resources.
- Inter-cultural insight.
- Willingness to work and live in Tromsø as base-camp .
English is the working language of the Arctic Mayors' Forum. Knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is an advantage, including knowledge of administrative practices in Norway since the current AMF financing scheme is substantially funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The employer is Arctic Mayors' Forum.