6th EA Workshop on Ecosystem Approach Guidelines and Integrated Ecosystem Assessment
09.1.2018 - 11.1.2018
Attendance by invitation only.
- Have a joyful Holiday Time - regards fro... Have a joyful Holiday Time - regards from the EDU-Arctic project team! The Edu-Arctic project, www.edu-arctic.eu is reaching out and sending warm wishes to all. Watch the EDU-ARCTIC Christmas VIDEO! We hope you’ll enjoy it and – most of all – that all the good wishes will come true!
- A special issue of Advances in Atmospher... A special issue of Advances in Atmospheric Sciences presents new research efforts towards a predictive understanding of Arctic climate change and its linkage with Eurasian mid-latitude climate and weather. In recent decades, Arctic warming has amplified markedly and sea ice has shrunk drastically, leading to an emergent forcing that possibly drives anomalous atmospheric circulation and weather patterns beyond the Arctic. The special issue of Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, entitled[…]
- China sent more than a dozen vessels thr... China sent more than a dozen vessels through the Arctic this year Chinese shipping companies have sent a dozen vessels through the waters of the Northern Sea Route (NSR) in 2017, compared to five vessels the previous year. This is the largest fleet of non-Russian flagged vessels to ever operate on the[…]
- I International Film Festival of the Arc... I International Film Festival of the Arctic Countries “Arctic Open” Starts in Arkhangelsk on December 7 The Film Festival will last from December 7th to 9th. During these days, 14 venues in three cities of Pomorye – Arkhangelsk, Severodvinsk and Novodvinsk – will present 52 films selected out of 250 works that had been sent to[…]
- Saving Kivalina Saving Kivalina This week, the public will get its chance to provide input on plans to build an evacuation route for the climate-threatened Arctic village of Kivalina, Alaska.For most of its history, Kivalina (population 400) has been an advantageous location for the[…]
- To turn or not to turn To turn or not to turn Ice service provision is a crucial element of safe and efficient operations in polar regions. The master and officers of any vessel sailing in potentially ice-covered waters require good, accurate and complete weather and sea-state forecasts as well as hydrographic[…]
- Call to host the Climate and Cryosphere ... Call to host the Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) International Project Office WCRP is soliciting offers to host the International Project Office for its Core Project CliC ("Climate and Cryosphere") from July 2018 onward, for a period of at least three years.Prospective host institutions and sponsoring organizations are invited to download the[…]
- Call for Participation: North by North Call for Participation: North by North For the North by North Festival, April 27-29, in Anchorage, teams of innovators are being organized who will work together to address one of four Sustainable Development Goals:Affordable and Clean EnergyGood Health and Well-BeingSustainable CommunitiesClimate ActionExperts from all sectors are[…]
- Nunataryuk Nunataryuk Retreating permafrost coasts threaten the fragile Arctic environment, The EU project Nunataryuk will determine the effects of permafrost thaw on Earth’s coldest shorelinesPermafrost makes up a quarter of the landmass in the Northern Hemisphere. Climate change means that Arctic coasts[…]
- Look north for fairness and growth Look north for fairness and growth Eyes of northern Europe on Scotland as Arctic Circle Forum gets underway.Furthering relationships with Arctic countries is helping Scotland to become a fairer and more prosperous nation, according to First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.The Scottish Government is holding the Arctic Circle[…]