Geotechnical Engineering: We provide comprehensive geotechnical services, ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
We’re at the forefront of new commercial and institutional sites, transportation facilities, flood control structures, mining developments, near shore and offshore structures, green energy developments, utility expansions, water supply assessments, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines —you’ll find us working everywhere from urban cores to remote northern outposts. By expanding our depth and range of professional services we ensure community improvements are built on solid ground. Our continued growth gives our team opportunity to work with clients across multiple sectors on technically challenging and transformational projects.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
Stantec has an immediate opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with extensive permafrost experience to work in one of our Western Canadian offices and lead our Northern Canadian geotechnical work. In this role you will have the opportunity to exercise your technical and interpersonal skills while growing in your career as well as participate in the growth of our Northern Canadian practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Collection and analysis of geotechnical and permafrost data
• Managing multiple projects
• Working on a variety of small to large projects spanning from residential, commercial and industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geohazard work
• Client management
• Preparation and review of geotechnical reports
• Shallow and deep foundation design
• Slope stability assessments
• Mentoring and guiding more junior staff
• Travel to client and project sites in the north will be required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university
• Post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an absolute asset
• Professional Engineer in good standing with NAPEG, or eligibility to obtain the professional designation.
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in geotechnical consulting primarily in Western Canada
• Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience with arctic /northern projects where design and construction was effected by permafrost
• Strong client management experience
• A self starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.