Inuit Circumpolar Council-Alaska is currently seeking an experienced, motivated, detail oriented and organized Project Assistant.
The position is located in Anchorage, Alaska and is a full-time position. Hourly rate is D.O.E.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Project Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director on a variety of administrative and project
related tasks including the following:
- Provide general administrative, clerical and technical support to the President, Executive Director and other staff per direction from the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and arrange travel, including preparing travel requests, purchasing airline tickets, booking hotel reservations, preparing per diem requests, preparing trip expense reports, and maintaining a travel log.
- Prepare payroll and check requests on a bi-monthly basis and work closely with the Accountant to make sure the financial records are in order in Quickbooks and in the filing system.
- Organize and maintain general, grant and vendor files.
- Assist with maintaining the website, social media sites, quarterly newsletter and communications system.
- Assist with preparation for various meetings including meetings of the Board of Directors and prepare draft meeting minutes
- Assist in project development and implementation including assisting in fundraising for planned projects and/or activities.
- Assist with development and implementation of a communications strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Completed courses relating to accounting/bookkeeping, project planning/management, grant writing, research methods, science and Indigenous knowledge, international law, Alaska Native studies, political science, non-profit management and administration or other relevant courses preferred.
- General computer skills necessary including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.). General knowledge and experience of website management and social media sites are preferred.
- Experience in bookkeeping and maintaining financial records, including via Quickbooks is preferred.
- Experience in coordinating travel is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form. Experience in writing proposals and newsletter articles is preferred.
- Ability to learn, work independently, organize and prioritize work.
- Experience with Inuit or Alaska Native non-profit organizations preferred.
- Desire to learn general administration and project management of an Inuit non-profit organization required.
Or you can mail or drop off at the ICC-Alaska office at 3900 Arctic Blvd Suite 203 Anchorage, AK.
The closing date for recruitment is December 31st at 5 p.m.