The Arctic Business Development Tour is currently taking place in the Northern most community of the United States: Utqiaġvik (Barrow), Alaska. It started on the 7th of March and continues until 9th of March.
Three days of Arctic-focused discussions and tours are exploring partnership opportunities, shipping and resource developments, communications and connections, business strategies and plans that will increase knowledge and opportunities in the Arctic.
"We know that Arctic investment is a responsible thing to do for our future generations and we strongly agree that outside investment with inside support is the key for Arctic infrastructure development and prosperity,” the organizers stated.
Tour discussions to include:
- Challenges of sustainable business development in the Arctic
- Partnerships and investment opportunities
- Future of Arctic ports and shipping
- Utqiaġvik (Barrow) deep-draft port
- Communications on top of the world
- Native-to-Native business and economic development opportunities
- Arctic energy and infrastructure development
- Arctic research
The Arctic Business Development Tour is organized by Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC), one of Alaska’s largest companies headquartered in Utqiaġvik (Barrow), Alaska. As an Alaska Native Corporation, UIC provides social and economic resources to over 2,900 Iñupiat shareholders, and their descendants.