Arctic Portal offers a diverse range of specialized services, all focusing on the different needs of the Arctic area.
Interactive Mapping system
Arctic Portal Mapping System provides visual information about Arctic related information through various databases. The system is powered by the Inter-Map mapping system, developed by the Arctic Portal staff. Arctic Portal staff is continuously working to update the mapping system and to provide new maps. All data utilized to draw our maps are provided either from our partners (see Arctic Portal Community) either from the best reliable databases currently available. Sources are always quoted.
If you want to use our maps, or if you have any comments or suggestion for new maps, please write or/and
For more information click here.
The Arctic Portal hosts various websites for Arctic related organizations and affiliations. The websites are around 40 and the list is constantly growing.
If you want your website to be hosted by Arctic Portal or if you require any further information, please contact info@arcticportal and or
Web designing & creating
Arctic Portal designs its websites from scratch, accordingly with the customers’ requirements, and hosts them in its server located in Iceland, a safe and protected server powered by 100% green energy.
We offer continued assistance related with website management, and our IT experts are available to teach you how to independently take care of and update your website.
For further information, please contact
Here you can find some examples of websites developed by the Arctic Portal Team. Move the mouse cursor over the picture in the mosaic to read more and click the links to visit the websites.
News & information from the Arctic
Arctic Portal has gathered on its webpage relevant information on the Arctic currently available on the web:
Daily News On the homepage of www.arcticportal.org, or on our social networks, users may find everyday a piece of news regarding the Polar regions written by our staff. To look for a specific piece of news you want to retrieve from our archieve, go to “News” and write the key-words on the title filter. Otherwise, you can just browse all past news. For more updates on what is going on in the region, users may also check out our “News Portlet”, an RSS feed
- Press Releases This section gathers together relevant official communications and/or press releases from both the public and private sector, as Governments, NGOs, Firms, etc., as they have been written by the author/s. If you want to submit your document to be published in this section, please contact or . Arctic Portal reserves the rights not to publish the document if considered not pertinent, or offensive.
- Funding Opportunities Under the section “Funding Opportunities”, are gathered the call for several funding schemes (as NORA, Nordforsk, etc...)
- Calls for papers Under the “News” section on the homepage, ArcticPortal gathers and publish timely calls for papers of conferences, workshops, and any other event relevant for the Polar regions. To find your call, please go to search, tag.
- Portlets Arctic Portal Portlets provide an easy access to material, as recent news articles, scientific reports and other relevant material, concerning several key topics as “News”, “Climate Change”, “Energy”, “Shipping”, “Arctic Business”, “Fishing” and “Arctic Societies”. The Portlets are co-managed by Arctic Portal in collaboration with several worldwide Institutions with specific focuses on different aspects of the Arctic.
- Library The objective of the Arctic Portal Library is to maintain a comprehensive collection of Arctic relevant scientific and educational material, inclusive of books, articles and journals. The new “legal section” contains the original texts of Arctic-relevant International agreements, International Codes and Regulations and other relevant legal texts. Furthermore, this section also collects relevant quasi-legal instruments, or “Soft-Law” materials, as resolutions, declarations, statements, principles particularly relevant for the Arctic. In addition, the library now contains also a dedicated section, “Arctic Policy Database”, which gather together the Arctic Policy texts from Arctic and Non-Arctic States. Moreover, material produced in various Arctic research programs and projects and within the scope of Arctic research institutions and organizations will be readily available in the Archive.
All conferences, workshops, summits, meetings and any other relevant events for the Arctic and the Antarctic, can be found on Arctic Portal Calendar.